* Diapers cost $100/month or more!
* Full time work at
minimum wage grosses $825/month.
* Community/Government programs DO NOT cover diapers -
not Food Stamps, not WIC.
* Large corporations DO NOT donate diapers unless you
have a multiple birth (beyond twins).
* Cloth is not always an option. Childcare centers
parents to leave disposable diapers with
* Availability to washers
and driers are often times limited.
* A normal infant uses up to 12 diapers/day: a normal
8/day. In low income households, a baby may
be in a single
diaper all day or longer, increasing the risk
problems and skin diseases.
* A baby crying non-stop from being in a soiled
diaper for a
prolonged time period is more likely to be abused.
* Parents who can't afford $100/month to leave disposable
diapers at childcare providers often leave the
their child/ren are out of diapers. Childcare
subsidized, but there are NO subsidies for diapers!