Created at YAPS June event.
2 cups water
2 cups plaster of paris (you can find it at the hardware
2 tablespoons powdered tempera paint
1. Stir all ingredients in a large bowl allow to set for a few minutes while mixture begins to harden.
Spoon mixture into molds (toilet paper rolls work best).
3. Let dry for at least 3 hours before removing.
4. HAVE FUN!
|Puff Paint made during our March MNO Event.
Use equal amounts of:
- hot water
- liquid tempera paint (Use desired
amount to reach the color you would like)
- Place equal amounts
of flour, salt, and hot water in a large bucket etc.
- Mix until ingredients are
dissolved. If you have difficulty dissolving apply a little heat.
- Add liquid tempera paint
until desired color is achieved.
- Store mixture in air-tight
squeezable bottles. (Empty glue bottles are excellent.)
- Kids use squeeze bottles
of paint to create raised images on paper, cardboard etc
- Mixture dries hard and is
raised like real puff paint.
How to Make Your Own Baby Wipes at Home
(This activity was done during our YAPS meetings.)
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a knife and
remove the inner cardboard core.
- Mix liquid ingredients in container.
- Place the paper towels in the container with the cut
side facing downward.
- Secure lid tightly and allow to sit until all liquid
is absorbed into the paper towels.
Turn the container upside-down and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Open container and 'start' the roll by pulling a towel
from the inside of the roll.
- Wipes are now ready to use.
- These also make a great gift for new parents. You can
decorate or personalize the container and, of course, be sure to include a copy of the recipe.
- Save the other half of the roll for use next time you
- Make sure the container is closed tightly after each
use to prevent drying out.
- When your baby is older and his skin is less sensitive,
you can add about a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol to the mix.
What You Need:
- Round plastic container (Rubbermaid #6 or #9 works
- Thick, strong roll of white paper towels
- Sharp knife to cut paper towel roll in half
- 2 cups water that has been boiled and cooled to room
- 2 Tablespoons baby shampoo or baby wash
- 1 Tablespoon baby oil