* Diapers cost $100/month or more!
* Full time work at minimum wage grosses $825/month.
* Community/Government programs DO NOT cover diapers -
not Food Stamps, not WIC.
* Large corporations DO NOT donate diapers unless you
have a multiple birth (beyond twins).
* Cloth is not always an option. Childcare centers require
parents to leave disposable diapers with their child.
Availability to washers and driers are often times limited.
* A normal infant uses up to 12 diapers/day: a normal toddler
8/day. In low income households, a baby may be in a single
diaper all day or longer, increasing the risk of health
problems and skin diseases.
* A baby crying non-stop from being in a soiled diaper for a
prolonged time period is more likely to be abused.
* Parents who can't afford $100/month to leave disposable
diapers at childcare providers often leave the workforce until
their child/ren are out of diapers. Childcare costs are
subsidized, but there are NO subsidies for diapers!
Want to help our community?
It With Diapers!
Our team has a vision. Our hope for the future is to create a community where every person has her/his needs met. Our
mission is to provide diapers to the young mothers and their families in Door County. We challenge you to make a difference.
Drop off barrels have been provided at the following locations:
Hope United Church of Christ
141 S. 12th Ave
Wellness Center of Door County
Door County Young Adult Parent Support Program
559 - 0200