Great Places to Visit
- ParenthoodWeb's Pregnancy and Labor Corner - Everything on pregnancy and labor issues including calendars, expert articles, ultrasound images, ovulation
predictors, journals, birth stories, livechat, discussion boards and more.
- The ABC's of Pregnancy - Comprehensive informative site dealing with pregnancy and childbirth. Covers a wide range of topics such as
labor and delivery, breastfeeding, midwifery, caesarean delivery and vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC).
- Abiding Hearts Support Group - A national non-profit organization supporting parents continuing pregnancy after adverse prenatal diagnosis
(fatal or non-fatal birth defects). Newsletter, guide for parents, National Contact Parent Programs to network families. Phone
- About Pregnancy - A pregnancy calendar, belly gallery, ultrasound gallery and everything you could ever want to know about pregnancy.
Free newsletter, chats and forums.
- Alcohol and Pregnancy Don't Mix - A Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet. What happens when you drink alcohol and how can it affect your
baby when you're pregnant.
- All About Pregnancy & Preconception - Preconception info center, family planning, childbirth choices, pregnancy stages, baby naming, pregnancy fashion,
multiple pregnancy and more information on pregnancy and preconception.
- Am-I-Pregnant.Com - Offers due date calendar, ovulation calendar, messageboards, faq, info on nutrition, illness, travel, medication,exercise,
books & week-by-week updates on your baby. For those who are pregnant, think they are pregnant, want to maintain a healthy
- Baby Place - A parenting resource for all aspects of pregnancy, birth and baby care. Includes free stuff for parents, health
resources, morning sickness treatments, children's games, products, books and more.
- BabyCenter - A resource for pregnancy.
- Babysoon.com - Home - Includes hundreds of articles on pregnancy and childbirth, week-by-week pregnancy guide, a handy due-date
calendar, and a free email newsletter.
- BabyZone - Fun, informative home for pregnancy & baby care questions. Crisis pregnancy contacts. Search 30,000+ baby
names. Everything you need to enjoy a pregnancy & parenting journey to the fullest.
- A Base for Pregnancy and Babies - Pregnancy, pre-natal and post-natal care for babies. Health and parenting advice for pregnant women. Links
for baby food, formula, breastfeeding and clothes for babies.
- Beyond the Baby Blues. - Support for sufferers of postnatal depression.
- Birth As An American Rite of Passage - This website decodes the messages conveyed by hospital birth rituals otherwise known as "standard procedures
for normal birth". These ritual procedures, common in many American hospitals, make birth appear to conform to the technocratic
model and babies appear to have been produced by society.
- BirthPsychology - Explore the many mental and emotional dimensions of pregnancy and birth in everything from scholarly articles
to personal stories and late-breaking headlines.
- BirthStories.com - Over 100 stories of labor and delivery.
- Changing Pain to Pleasure - Article addresses the issue of what causes pain during the labor process and how women can take control of
their labor and changing the pain to pleasure.
- Childbirth.org - A variety of informative and personal links relating to childbirth, pregnancy, parenting, early childhood,
and infant feeding.
- Children's Television Workshop - For new and expecting parents, we provide advice on pregnancy, parenting, and baby care and nutrition. And
to entertain the kids, we have the Muppets, Bert, Ernie, Grover, Big Bird and Elmo.
- Communicating With Your Unborn Child - Some of the women studied found their bodies picking up their unborn babies' feelings.
- Csection.com - Search for c-section rates at hospitals in your area. Great resource!
- Development of the Preborn Child in the Womb - Pregnancy - Photographic history of a human child from conception through all further stages of pregnancy.
- ePregnancy - From before conception to after birth, ePregnancy provides you with articles, interactive features, forums
and other news, ideas and resources to keep you informed and inspired throughout your pregnant life.
- Expectant Parents - ParentingPlace's expectant parent resource section complete with week-by-week calendar, pregnancy journal,
helpful advice, a discussion board and lots of support.
- Fathers of Breastfed Babies - "Information for the invisible one," it says. Answers and support for dads.
- Fetal Development Overview - The development of the embyo and fetus, with amazing color pictures.
- First 9 Months - A multimedia journey through the first nine months of an unborn child's life. A graphics intensive - visual
journey through pregnancy. (Needs plug-in)
- Fit Pregnancy - Fitness during pregnancy and much more from the glossy print magazine of the same name.
- Great Expectations Online - Reliable, up-to-date information, encouragement and advice to expectant and new parents about pregnancy, childbirth,
postpartum adjustment, and parenting a newborn.
- Group B Strep Association - A non-profit organization that promotes prenatal screening for Group B Streptococcus, a bacteria that can
cause serious problems in newborns.
- Handicapped Parking During Pregnancy - Advocates special parking privileges for pregnant and new moms. Includes a survey and guidelines to writing
- Healthy Start Initiative - Goal is to reduce the rates of infant mortality and low birthweight.
- How the Alexander Technique can help during Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenthood - An explanation of the usefulness of the Alexander Technique, a century-old method of learning to release harmful
stress from your body.
- http://www.yourob.com - Dedicated to health promotion for pregnant women through unique education programs for women and their obstetricians.
We have a growing network of obstetric practice web sites.
- Il Melograno - The site offers solutions for a natural pregnancy and child education.
- It's Just Another Baby - A humorous look at the stages of pregnancy from a dad's point of view.
- La Leche League International - An international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support,
and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed. The site includes an extensive FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) list, a
collection of articles, and an online help center.
- The Labor of Love - A pregnancy and parenting resource center. Pregnancy/parenting pen pals, a specialized search engine, message
boards, birth stories, pregnancy journals, pregnancy and parenting poems, an online magazine and more.
- Locate a midwife worldwide! - This site lists contact information for midwives, doulas, childbirth educators and lactation consultants from
around the world. Some articles, important links are also provided.
- March of Dimes - Information on the four major problems that threaten the health of America's babies: birth defects, infant
mortality, low birthweight, and lack of prenatal care.
- Midlife Mommies - A site for women having children "later in life," whether by choice or circumstance. Sections include health,
business, personal stories, community and news stories.
- Morning Sickness treatment, prevention - A wide range of helpful morning sickness information concerning treatment, prevention, diagnosis, email groups,
support groups, personal stories and much more. Updated regularly.
- Motherhealth Childbirth Tutorial - Wisdom from mothers, midwives and babies on childbirth, mother care, newborn care, preventing preterm births,
tear and other pregnancy herbs/nutrition and postpartum healing ways for the pregnant family.
- Mother's Nature - An online gathering place for pregnancy, breastfeeding, and new parenthood.
- NaturalChildbirth.org - A new site with growing resources for natural childbirth education.
- Net Nurse - Find quality health information on pregnancy. Place questions via web-site for nurse to return a phone call
to discuss your specific concerns.
- Online Postpartum Depression Support Group - PPD support, advice and a mailing list from moms who have been there.
- ParentsPlace.com - The first parenting community on the web. Created by two stay at home parents who believe parents are the
best resource for other parents.
- Plus-Size Pregnancy Website - A collection of resources for plus-size expectant moms, including information on where to find maternity clothes,
how to find a size-friendly practitioner, and how to breastfeed more easily.
- Postpartum Depression, Anxiety and Psychosis - One woman's account of her decent into and back out of postpartum depression and anxiety.
- Pre-Birth Communication - Our babies remain close, preparing for and contributing to their birth. This is a journey of life before birth.
A must for every mother or mother to be.
- Pregnancy and Childbirth terms and definitions - We provide at this site the meanings of hundreds of terms and definitions related to pregnancy and childbirth,
as well as babies in general. From Babyzone.
- Pregnancy and Depression - A compilation of online information about depression during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Focus is primarily
on antidepressants and most links are to high quality, research-based information.
- Pregnancy and Parenting Naturally - Natural alternatives to drugs in pregnancy, conception, birth and breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy and Trying to Conceive Journals - Over 200 journals from women who are sharing feelings, disappointments and triumphs in their weekly pre-conception
and pregnancy journals. Miscarriage, infertility, pregnancy over 30, teen pregnancy, are just a few of the topics you will
find in our wonderfully supportive pregnancy journals.
- The Pregnancy HelpDesk - Information and links on pregnancy, teen pregnancy, childbirth, dads links, parenting and more!
- Pregnancy Inc. - A collection of information and advice to guide you through every step of pregnancy and prepare you for the
birth of your baby and beyond.
- Pregnancy Resources at FirstBabymall.com - Review pregnancy-related articles designed to educate the first-time expectant mother while she is pregnant.
- Pregnancy Today - A resource and community for expectant parents offering an expert Q&A, birth planner, boards, birth stories,
articles, calculators, news, as well as trivia, games and more to guide you through pregnancy with the greatest of ease.
- Safe Motherhood Initiative - Site regarding women's ability to have a "safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery." Safe motherhood can be
achieved by providing "high-quality maternal health services."
- Stork Site - A pregnancy and new parenting community on the Web. Get information updates depending on the stage of your
pregnancy. Chat with other expecting parents, check medical references, and get support when you need it most.
- StorkNet - Whether you're an expectant, new or experienced parent, StorkNet has information for you. An interactive one-stop
web station for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting information.
- Understanding Gestational Diabetes/Diet & Weight Gain - Mainly devoted to diet and weight gain in pregnancy. A good overview includes dietary advice and health tips.
- Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby - Contains excerpts from the new book, "The Unofficial Guide to Having A Baby," pregnancy articles, pregnancy
links and more.
- Women.com Pregnancy Channel - 100's of pregnancy topics, from infertility help to new baby questions, plus name ideas, baby horoscopes,
interactive tools, calendars, and community discussions.