* Diapers cost $100/month or more!
* Full time work at minimum wage grosses $825/month.
* Community/Government programs DO NOT cover diapers
not Food Stamps, not WIC.
* Large corporations DO NOT donate diapers unless you have
a multiple birth (beyond twins).
* Cloth is not always an option. Childcare centers require
parents to leave disposable diapers with their child.
* Availability to washers and driers are often times limited.
* A normal infant uses up to 12 diapers/day: a normal toddler
8/day. In low income households, a baby may be in a single
diaper all day or longer, increasing the risk of health
problems and skin diseases.
* A baby crying non-stop from being in a soiled diaper for a
prolonged time period is more likely to be abused.
* Parents who can't afford $100/month to leave disposable
diapers at childcare providers often leave the workforce until
their child/ren are out of diapers. Childcare costs are
subsidized, but there are NO subsidies for diapers!
Want to help our community?
Do It With Diapers!
Our team members have a vision. Our hope for the future is to create a community where every person
has her/his needs met. Our mission is to provide diapers to the young mothers and their families in Door County. We challenge
you to make a difference. Donate today!
Drop off barrels have been provided at the following
Hope United Church of Christ
141 S. 12th Ave
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
St. Peters Lutheran Church and School
Kathy Tellstrom YAPS Director
Young Adult Parent Support